Want to make a difference in a girl’s life? Help Hispanic girls succeed by volunteering with Latinitas. Become a Communications Intern and help girls build confidence and skills. Latinitas is a non-profit agency dedicated to empowering Latina youth through media. We host after-school clubs and outreach programs which help girls express themselves through media. We publish LatinitasMagazine.org, a first bilingual digital magazine by and for U.S. Hispanic girls. We are seeking talented individuals to volunteer for our busy communications committee. Communications Interns will have a unique opportunity to learn about non-profit public affairs through hands-on activities and exposure to a wide range of activities and projects.
This department requires volunteer interns to help further the public image of the agency and to help create wider exposure in the Austin & El Paso, Texas area. We have plenty of opportunities to fill your portfolio while having a lot of fun and helping girls at the same time! We offer meaningful and fulfilling experience for several interests and academic backgrounds. This position is recommended for students with a major in communications or business. Within our communications department, we offer the following intern positions: fundraising, public relations, web design, graphic design, editorial, photography, event-planning, multimedia, advertising and marketing.
This position requires 10-15 hours of work per week. Hours and days of work are flexible. Interns are encouraged to gain experience and skills geared toward their interests! We offer for-credit internships. This is a non-paid intern position, but the experience is priceless. The ideal intern will possess excellent written and verbal communication skills. Interns should be enthusiastic, organized, resourceful, and creative. We are looking for a self-starter who is able to work independently and is willing to take advantage of this opportunity to develop their professional skills. Bilingual volunteers are encouraged to apply. Interns must be computer literate, demonstrating proficiency with Microsoft Office and internet navigation. Website and graphic design experience is a plus. Training will be given as necessary.
- Editorial: Write feature stories for online & print publication.
- Marketing/Advertising: Help develop & implement marketing & advertising plan.
- Public Relations: Update media contact list, write press releases for upcoming events pitch story ideas to reporters and monitor media coverage.
- Fundraising: Assist with raising funds through special events & sponsorships.
- Graphic/ Web Design: Design promotional materials & update website.
- Photography: Develop stock photography, cover events, & create photo essays.
- Event Planning: Aid in organizing conferences and special events.
- Multimedia: Create video, audio and flash projects for web publication.
Location: Internship positions are available in Austin & El Paso, TX
Job Type: Part-Time Volunteer Intern (10+ hours per week)
Salary: unpaid; volunteer internship (college credit – optional)
Contact Information: Submit your resume to email@example.com and complete our online application here.