Locations: Internship positions are available in Austin & El Paso, TX
Job Type: Volunteer Intern (10+ hours per week)
Compensation: Unpaid (college credit – optional)
How to apply:
- Latinitas Austin — Submit your resume, cover letter and upcoming course schedule to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Latinitas El Paso — Submit your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Why Become a Latinitas Intern
At Latinitas you can enhance your talents and skills while contributing to the empowerment of Latina youth. Latinitas is dedicated to informing, inspiring, and empowering all girls to share their voice in some of the most prolific sectors such as tech, media, and engineering by teaching them valuable media and tech skills.
Latinitas Austin and Latinitas El Paso are seeking talented individuals to intern and assist with graphic design, communications, video, photography, and marketing. Interns will have a unique opportunity to learn about non-profits and gain exposure to a wide range of tasks and projects. Latinitas offers meaningful and fulfilling experience for several interests and academic backgrounds. Internships are recommended for students with a major in communications or business, journalism, graphic design, radio-television-film, education, and English.
- Graphic Design: Design promotional materials such as flyers and social media images. Create websites for special events such as chica conferences.
- Social Media: Evaluate our social media needs and plans and assist our social media associate with messages, posts, and online presence and promotions.
- Website Content Editor: Manage and edit our current website.
- Marketing/Communication: Help develop & implement a marketing & advertising plan.
- Public Relations: Update media contact list, write press releases for upcoming events, monitor media coverage, and submit upcoming events to community calendars.
- Video & Photography: Develop stock photography, cover events, & create videos for publication.
- Development Intern: Work directly with Latinitas’ Development Associate and the development team and gain hands on fundraising and development experience.
- 10 – 15 hours of work per week. Hours and days of work are flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, organized, resources, and creative
- We look for self-starters who are able to work independently and willing to take advantage of various special events, networking opportunities, and professional development workshops