Latinitas, an Austin-based non-profit that empowers all girls to innovate using media and technology, is seeking a Volunteer Coordinator (40 hours a week, FT, M-F some Saturdays). This person has 2-3 years experience in managing volunteer systems and programs. They are outgoing, energetic and creative. The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and retaining volunteers and interns to effectively support volunteer operations.
They are interested in strengthening Latinitas’ personal and professional volunteer relationships in community, area schools and universities and companies city-wide. This person should have good interpersonal, writing and managerial skills and some experience with database and social media management.
Volunteer Coordinator tasks include:
- Maintaining and updating Latinitas’ current volunteer management system (Latinitas Volunteer Master List) including volunteer orientations and communications
- Managing all volunteer communications including newsletters, website, emails, calls and hangouts
- Attending community events for volunteer recruitment
- Managing volunteer appreciation projects
- Leveraging the volunteer database to provide ongoing support for programs, events and staffing
- Maintaining relationships with employee resource groups at area corporations in and outside of Austin for volunteer service and donations
- Organizing large scale volunteer projects to engage such volunteers
- Managing Latinitas specialized volunteer groups including alumni and parents.
- Recruit, train and manage interns
- Distributing and managing volunteer evaluation surveys
- Directing Latinitas alumni and parent advisory group
*Full Time Employees receive monthly healthcare stipend. Bachelor’s Degree and Bilingual speakers/writers are encouraged to apply.
How to apply: Please submit your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.