Latinitas, an Austin-based non-profit that empowers all girls to innovate using media and technology, is seeking Part-Time Programs Leader (M-F some Saturdays). Must have at least 3 weekday afternoons available.
Leaders are outgoing, energetic and creative and responsible for leading programs, recruiting program attendees and effectively support program operations.
Ideal candidates would have 1-2 years experience in working with youth / children in a classroom, camp or community space setting. Ideal candidate has worked for a non profit organization or youth enrichment program and has experience mentoring and/or in making a positive impact in the community.
Program leaders administer lessons in journalism, media literacy, photography, filmmaking, blogging and other more technical projects such as coding, video game design, app creation, virtual reality and robotics. Training is provided, as necessary.
Our after school, weekend and other programs connect girls with positive role models and encourage girls to express themselves in a safe and supportive environment.
Leaders are interested in strengthening Latinitas’ impact in the community, area schools and universities and companies city-wide. This person should have good interpersonal, writing and managerial skills. Content production and social media management skills are not required but highly encouraged.
Program Leader tasks include:
- Manage Club Latinitas after school program on a weekly basis from September – May at primarily elementary and middle schools in South, East and North Austin.
- Lead recruitment of program participants for after school clubs, weekend workshops, summer camps and conferences.
- Lead weekend workshops at Latinitas office, library and public housing spaces in the fall and spring
- Lead week long media and tech enrichment summer camps in the summer – July through August
- Lead special projects and events, as needed
- Assist with one day “Chica” conferences at local media and technology spaces in the fall and spring
- Assist with communication needs across programs
- Administer Latinitas Curriculum in digital media, technology and cultural literacy education
- Mentor youth and encourage positive team environment and serve as a role model
- Develop and implement activity ideas for programs and projects
- Organize trips and guest speaker visits, as needed
- Communicate with school site coordinators on program updates
- Communicate with program director on a weekly basis
- Report monthly attendance, recruitment and activity content and data
- Report to staff orientations, trainings and team meetings
- Abides by all Latinitas rules and regulations, enforces them among groups and applies appropriate behavior management techniques
- Follows safety regulations and emergency procedures, responds to critical incidents, performs routine first aid tasks, and ensures well-being of program attendees
*Bachelor’s Degree and Bilingual speakers/writers are encouraged to apply.
This position is recommended for professionals with experience / background in:
- Radio-TV-Film or Digital Media Studies
- Cultural Studies
- Social Work
- Computer Science
How to apply: Submit your resume and cover letter at https://indeedhi.re/2HGxQHI