We Want You! Latinitas is Recruiting Committee Members in Austin for Startup Chica 2018
Latinitas is proud to be hosting Startup Chica on October 27, 2018 at UT McCombs’ Rowling Hall, a conference where girls ages 9-18 will get to practice their communication and critical thinking skills, while simultaneously learning all about startup companies and how they can start their own. But, we can’t do it alone. We are looking to gather a committee of 5-6 individuals who are able to help plan and organize the conference.
Time commitments will include attending in-person meetings and taking part in conference calls throughout August, September, and October. Prior to the event, committee members will complete a walkthrough. A week after the event, the committee will meet for a post-mortem review.
- Planning out the activities for the day
- Using social media to promote the event
- Recruiting and confirming workshop volunteers and career presenters
- Seeking potential sponsors to provide lunch, merchandise, parent workshop facilitation, and more
- Reaching out to local businesses to support the conference by providing donations for prizes such as gift cards, passes, certificates, and more
We will conduct a meeting with all potential committee members at Latinitas’ headquarters, located at 1023 Springdale Rd, Building 9E, Austin, TX, 78721. This would be a time to select committee chairs and begin planning the activities for the event.
Feel free to contact our Program Director, Sylvia Butanda, at email@example.com if you have any questions. We can’t wait for you to help us launch this amazing event!