Why Become a Latinitas Intern?
At Latinitas you can enhance your talents and skills while contributing to the empowerment of Latina youth. Latinitas is dedicated to informing, inspiring, and empowering all girls to share their voice in some of the most prolific sectors such as tech, media, and engineering by teaching them valuable media and tech skills.
Latinitas seeks talented individuals to intern and assist with graphic design, communications, video, photography, and marketing at the start of each academic semester. Interns will have a unique opportunity to learn about non-profits and gain exposure to a wide range of tasks and projects. Latinitas offers meaningful and fulfilling experiences for several interests and academic backgrounds. Internships are recommended for students with a major in communications or business, journalism, graphic design, radio-television-film, education, and English.
- Communications and Marketing: Help develop & implement a marketing & advertising plan.
- Events: Aid in organizing and attending special events such as after-school fairs and community events
- Marketing/Advertising: Help develop & implement marketing & advertising plans for small-scale events or projects
- Public Relations: Update media contact list, write press releases for upcoming events, and create marketing plans
- Editorial: Create and write feature stories on the Latinitas monthly e-newsletter
- Content Production: Develop stock photography, cover events, & create videos for publication.
- Evaluate video editing needs for the organization
- Actively participate at Latinitas events throughout the semester to capture footage and interview attendees.
- Edit video footage from enrichment programs including workshops, camps and conferences, and film interviews of special guests or career presenters
- Engage with our social media team to evaluate content needs (photographs, b-roll, video).
- Upload videos onto Google Drive, external drives, and YouTube
- Work directly with our Volunteer Coordinator to schedule interviews with Latinitas Alumni
- Development Intern: Work directly with Latinitas’ Development Associate and gain hands on fundraising and development experience.
- Conduct donor and grant research
- Assist with new and existing strategies for fundraising campaigns.
- Assist Development Associate with special fundraising events and logistics.
- Help create monthly donor reports and assist with donor database management.
- Provide assistance and input on several local grant applications.
- Graphic Design: Design promotional materials such as flyers and social media images. Create websites for special events such as chica conferences.
- Create flyers, ads, social media graphics, and other promotional or instructional material for the organization
- Evaluate graphic design needs within the organization
- Engage with our social media team and program team to determine what kind of images/graphics are needed
- Participate in events, workshops, or conferences outside of the office to familiarize yourself with the organization and learn more about the community we serve
- Outreach and People Management: Work directly with the Engagement Manager in recruitment, volunteer management, and retainment processes and strategies.
- Recruit volunteers through volunteer management platforms like VolunteerMatch, community calendars, PSA’s, and Latinitas e-newsletter, tech companies ERG groups, and past volunteers
- Help Volunteer Coordinator with volunteer schedule and materials for programs and events
- Help with the organization of tracking volunteers per program and event
- Attend Latinitas events and help manage volunteers
- Assist with the planning of volunteer appreciation events
- Assist with new and existing strategies for volunteer management
- Social Media: Evaluate our social media needs and plans and assist our social media associate with messages, posts, and online presence and promotions.
- Write and schedule social media posts and track them
- Share ideas on new ways to use social media channels (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn)
- Assist with creating and managing monthly social media calendars
- Help develop and implement a social media plan for upcoming events.
- Design promotional materials as needed
- Cover special events such as conferences and fundraisers by posting live Facebook posts and Tweets
- 10 – 15 hours of work per week. Hours and days of work are flexible.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Enthusiastic, organized, resources, and creative
- We look for self-starters who are able to work independently and willing to take advantage of various special events, networking opportunities, and professional development workshops